Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Interim Influencing...

Okay, so I know I voted and argued for Ilya Bryzgalov, but Behind the Net made some pretty convincing points against Breezer > Miller.

It is worth pointing out, though, that the VUKOTA projections he references had the Sabres as a team no less than 10 points better than the Coyotes going into the season, a difference largely offset by the difference in VUKOTA-projected versus real production by Bryzgalov.  And my point about shootout performance stands pat.  Regardless, my arguments can't account for Miller's superior save percentages across the board in these data.  As you can see, Miller has performed above-average (and above-Breezer) in all situations even-strength, penalty kill, and power play.

I'm just going to be a little ass and say "Breezer's got more wins and shutouts," then quickly pull up the drawbridge and creep into my castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.